1. Willkommen auf WildStarOnline.de!

Also, nicht lange überlegen und schnell und einfach kostenlos registrieren und viele weitere Features wie unseren DevTracker, Chat und vieles mehr entdecken!

Exclusive Interview with German CM Jan Sterl

Dieses Thema im Forum "Dev Channel" wurde erstellt von fullenchilada, 10. August 2013.

Exclusive Interview with German CM Jan Sterl

Dieses Thema im Forum "Dev Channel" wurde erstellt von fullenchilada, 10. August 2013.

fullenchilada

fullenchilada WildStarOnline.de Team

Exclusive interview with German Community Manager Jan "Bronn" Sterl
    by wildstaronline.de

It has only been a few days since Jan „Bronn“ Sterl introduced himself as the German Community Manager for WildStar. We from WildstarOnline.de had a few questions that we were able to ask him in an interview.

Hi Jan! Again welcome to the WildStar Community! Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions.

How about we start off by giving the community the chance to get to know you a little better. A few days ago you introduced yourself as „Bronn“, the German Community Manager. Who are you in real life and what is it that you do when you are not preoccupied with WildStar?

Hi and again thank you so much for the cordial welcome. In real life my name is Jan Sterl and in short you could describe me as the typical gamer and media savvy guy. I m trying to follow as many tv shows as possible, prefer multiplayer games, MMOs in particular, and also play one or two casual games on my iconised apple devices if I get 5 minutes of time.

Why don't you tell us a little something about what it is that you do as a Community Manager. Many people see it as the position of a forum moderator but reality looks totally different, doesn't it?

We currently don't have any official boards, that is why you could reduce me to the position of a forum troll. However, it is a bit more than just the position of a paid forum troll/moderator.

It is my job as community manager to communicate with you guys, the (potential) players of WildStar. You can reach me on Twitter for example and the German speaking fansites and I m trying to provide you with as much information as possible. At the same time I m following the discussions in the German Community, keep the developers posted about your feedback and make sure that all your concerns are heard – if need be with the support of the Mordesh and their alchemy.

I also prepare presentations and community events with the help of my team and keep an eye out on possibilities as to how I can support the German WildStar Community and contribute to its growth.

You just started working as community manager but I m certain that you can tell me what you are particularly excited about when it comes to WildStar?

I have already been following its development since GamesCom 2011 where I happened to discover the game and ever since I have been excited about its style and its approach to support different play styles rather than squeezing me into an MMO straitjacket.

When I was able to visit and experience Nexus for the first time, i was really captivated by its game play and battle system. I love to jump into as many enemies as possible and to test how many mobs I can handle at the same time – even if it often ends badly for me.

You have definitely played many games before you become a part of the WildStar Community Team. Are you a member of a guild that is going to play WildStar? Is it possible that our paths might cross on Nexus?

I don't like playing by myself and for me the contact with other players is very important. That is one of the main reasons why I m playing MMOs. For the past few years I have been an integral part of a guild which I helped build and was in charge of for more than 4 years. This guild is going to play WildStar as well.

As a community manager I would like to be open towards the entire community and that is why I m not going to be active in my old guild for now. At release I will be playing on both sides, Exiles and Dominion and there is definitely a chance that our paths might cross or that we will be in the same TS for a raid.

Are there any parts of working with the community that you are looking forward to the most?

Working and communicating with the community directly is definitely the best part of my job. I m already looking forward to GamesCom and I can hardly wait to show the game, to meet many new people and to talk to you guys about your impressions.

GamesCom is around the corner and you will be there promoting WildStar. Can you tell me and the community any details as to what we can expect on site?

We will reveal the details in the near future. At the moment we are still busy preparing for it which takes up most of the time.

I do believe, however, that we have some cool stuff to show you guys and that for everybody interested in WildStar, GamesCom is worth a visit. Definitely come and talk to me or my team mates.

We have recently discussed this in our forum. However, we are going to ask for the official status: What is the current situation? Is WildStar going to be translated into German completely and are there going to be any matching servers?

WildStar will be completely localised and supported in German. As our computer centers are still being built, I cannot give you any details on servers yet.

In this context: some publishers limit the players possibility to switch between European and North American server clusters, others give the players the freedom to choose. How is this going to be handled in WildStar?

Unfortunately this depends on various factors and at the moment I can neither say „Yes“ or „No“ to this question.

Let me conclude this interview with: Exiles or Dominion?

Both as Granok and Chua respectively!

Is there anything else you would like to say to our community?

First of all I wanna thank you for the numerous cool discussions, suggestions and ideas that you all have. Whenever you start cool projects, make fanart, write RP stories and do something which I do not dare dream of at this point: post it up on the fansites and let me know – i m constantly searching for new cool stuff and I'd be glad to promote your creations.

And of course: when you are at GamesCom, visit us at the NCSoft booth. We will be announcing further details on what you can expect there in the near future!

Thank you so much for the interview Jan!

Die Seite empfehlen

Gerade wird der Thread von (Nutzern: 0 und Gästen 0) angesehen.