1. Willkommen auf WildStarOnline.de!

Also, nicht lange überlegen und schnell und einfach kostenlos registrieren und viele weitere Features wie unseren DevTracker, Chat und vieles mehr entdecken!

Questions for Joe Piepiora on housing, guilds and circles

Dieses Thema im Forum "Allgemeines" wurde erstellt von Thee, 1. Juni 2013.

Questions for Joe Piepiora on housing, guilds and circles

Dieses Thema im Forum "Allgemeines" wurde erstellt von Thee, 1. Juni 2013.

Mag Daddy

Mag Daddy Datacube-Sammler

Welcome back Joe!!

Yes! More input about the rivals list please :) @Joe Piepiora
    bullzzeye

bullzzeye Datacube-Sammler

Gilde:
    Friendly Fire
    Hi Joe and welcome back....

Here is my Question about Housing:

Can a friend and I merge two housing areas together? Double space with two houses on the ground ?
    Joe Piepiora

Joe Piepiora Carbine Studios

This is a good question. In time it will be easier to answer, as we haven't revealed how our guild system functions just yet. Allow me to answer vaguely like how a dev does sometimes.

The goal of circles is different than the goal of guilds. Circles are an organization formed on a whim, they could support a guild alliance, a special opt-in trade channel, or just be a place for friends to chat. In terms of features it is very light. Circles have a name, just like guilds in most games. Once you're a member of a circle you can choose to display that circle's name like a guild tag. A circle has a UI that is similar to old guild systems. There is no Message of the Day or Info pane, but it does have a list of online members to help you find friends and organize events. A player can be a member of several circles simultaneously.

So if circles are for loose collaborations of individuals, guilds are for coordinated, dedicated teams of players. A player can only be a member of one guild at a time. I really wish I could go into the feature list just now, but I can't just. Good question!
    Angier gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

No, that isn't possible at this time.
    Leijona

Leijona Eldanforscher

Gilde:
    Das Netz
    In that case I will repeat two of my questions:

Guilds: It was mentioned, that it will be rewarded to play in a group within a guild. But will there be real guild quests like in GW2 or is it just the fact, that you play in a group?

Guilds: Regarding my last question - does it have to be a full group or does it allready count with two players in a group?

I think they both count as social stuff.

And, due to the fact that you allready answered one question regarding housing, also my third question:

Housing: We've seen concept art of different racial houses. Are they constrained to the races or will we be able to live in a Granok house as an Aurin?
    Joe Piepiora

First answer!

Not really. We want all players of a particular faction to feel like they're in it together. That said, I can't speak to how that might play out for warplots or in any other unrevealed features.

Second answer!

We have detailed plans for player towns done in a decidedly Wildstar tone, but they will not be part of the launch game. It's very, very important to me that they are done well and are fun.

I've said in a few places that Wildstar is an ongoing commitment to the players, and I mean it.
    Mag Daddy gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

Fine, fine!

Initially at least the Rivals list is a way for you to manage the people you like competing against (or hunting, in some cases.) Once added rivals are stored in a list system that is similar to the friends list, except you really only see whether or not they're online.

You can tag friends or enemy players in the Rival system. Once you're within a certain radius that player will display as a rival on the mini-map, and you'll see the rival icon over their head.

This is less a formal system and more a way of remembering common enemies that you enjoy slaughtering mercilessly with magic guns. There are no bonuses to kill rivals versus any other characters.
    Mag Daddy gefällt dies.
    Soromi

Soromi WildStarOnline.de Team

Gilde:
    Veliks Traum
    Arent you afraid that this "Rivalsystem" encourage Ganking? I can easily hunt this little noob again and again, and i can see him on the minimap, so its no big deal for me to find him again and again? (if i know his next Graveyard etc.)
    Leijona gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

I just realized I never answered this, I'm sorry Dakhar.

1. We have exterior remodeling options that change the tone of the outside of the house, but they are set palettes that serve the house. So rather than new coats of paint you get different types of brick, metal, plaster or wood comprising the exterior of the house.

2. We have a little something in the works, but you'll just need to wait and see!

3. Not for launch, but pets hanging around your house is something we're planning on adding. However, there can be creatures hanging around on plugs that you purchase, so that's close!
    Joe Piepiora

The radius of visibility for the rival token is pretty low, but can always be adjusted. Remember that this is a feature that was just added to the beta, so we'll massage it as we receive feedback.

Additionally, if you're being ganked over and over you can choose to /ignore that player to be removed from their rivals list.

And while I'm not the PVP dev I'll just say... if you're on a PVP server you should expect to be ganked.
    Soromi

Soromi WildStarOnline.de Team

Gilde:
    Veliks Traum
    I will play on a PVE Server, but i like to know everything about the possibilitys ingame :p
    The /ignore function sounds good.

So the rival-system isnt implemented on a PVE Server?

And as we talk about PVE/PVP Servers right now...do Carbine plan something like a RP Server?
    Joe Piepiora

1. We have a system in place that reinforces the idea that playing with your guild is good for your guild. If I say anything else the marketing team is likely to break my legs and I like those.

2. There is a benefit for 2 to 40 guild with that benefit growing as you add additional guild members to the group.

3. Any Exile race can live in any Exile house, your Aurin may luxuriate in the relative comfort of a Granok's stone house if you like!
    Mag Daddy und Starbugs gefällt dies.

Die Seite empfehlen

Gerade wird der Thread von (Nutzern: 0 und Gästen 0) angesehen.